Home/Support/Support Forum/Network Assistant: why devices are not seen?

Network Assistant: why devices are not seen?

0 votes
I have a network in service with (obsolete) modules Xbee PRO S5 (part number XBP08-DPSIT-024). I would like to manage it with the SW Xbee Network Assistant.
I follow the instructions on the DIGI site but I cannot discover the devices in the network. Then I have 2 precise questions:
1) Does the Network Assistant work fine with Xbee PRO S5 modules?
2) What do I have to do to discover the devices that are sleeping when Network Assistant is scanning the network? Or they cannot be discovered?

Thanks to anyone that will bring a bit of light to me!
G
asked Oct 7 in RF Solutions and XBee by guiferra New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
The modules need to support the ATND command and the radio that is connected to the PC should be in API mode.
answered Oct 7 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (14,777 points)
Thank you for your reply mvut, the modules do support the ATND and the radio IS in API mode.
My 2nd question is rather: how the Network Assistant knows that a sleeping node exists? Does it have to wait until it wakes up or does it take the information from the information hold in a router or coordinator?
Thanks!
On this product, it has to wait for it to wake up and respond to the Node Discovery.