Home/Support/Support Forum/Transmit Options and RSSI

Transmit Options and RSSI

0 votes
Using DigiMesh on XB3's with current firmware. I am trying to increase throughput using transparent mode. I am streaming MIDI and need to reduce latency. I was advised here to unicast and to set RR & MR to 0 (this drops information and results in stuck notes if a NOTE OFF message is dropped). Unicast helps and reducing retries helps.

I was also advised to set TO to 0x40 (Point to Point/Multipoint). This gives me the throughput I need however the RSSI function no longer works. I rely on the RSSI to visually confirm the units are communicating successfully.

I don't understand the difference between Point to Point/Multipoint (0x40) and DigiMesh (0xC0).

Thanks very much.
asked Aug 18 in DigiMesh Proprietary Mesh Networking by Zaemo New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
RSSI should still work in a unicast point to point connection.

Digi mesh is a mesh network where you need one or more routers to extend the range of the network.

IE I want to send data from A to D but since A and D are out of range, I need to hop the data thru B and C.
answered Aug 18 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (14,777 points)
Ok, it's slightly confusing since it is called multipoint.  I understand that all mesh capability is negated.  
It's curious then that when I change only TO from mesh to multipoint on the transmit side, the LED I have on the RSSI pin ceases to indicate.   
Thanks again for replying.
The only thing I can think of is if you are sending a broadcast packet.  But even then I would expect to see the RSSI.