Home/Support/Support Forum/XBee S1 Arduino not getting Transmit Status after Transmit Request
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

XBee S1 Arduino not getting Transmit Status after Transmit Request

0 votes
Hi All

I think this is a question about how the Transmit Status works rather than any architecture/coding problem.

I have two S1 Xbee modules (I know they're old but they do work) which can communicate quite happily either via XCTU (on an Explorer board) or their parent Arduinos (on a shield). The problem is with what to expect from the Transmit Status. I'm using API mode.

On XCTU, the behaviour is as expected. I can send my Transmit Request and the receiving Xbee instantly replies with a Transmit Status message and I can see this in the terminal of XCTU.

With the Arduino, I get nothing back. The Arduino example code from the Xbee library expects the Transmit Status message but never gets it and I can't see the message appearing outside the Xbee module using an oscilloscope - I can see the Transmit Request being sent but the Transmit Status seems to never come out of the module so the Arduino will never see it.

I have seen two other questions on this but no replies.

Should I be able to see a Transmit Status being sent between the Xbee module and the Arduino?

Any help would be much appreciated as the documentation seems to expect this to work almost transparently - except it doesn't happen in my case.

Thanks in advance.
asked May 24 in Other/Legacy by village_idiot New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.