Home/Support/Support Forum/Communication between xbee end device, router and coordinator

Communication between xbee end device, router and coordinator

0 votes
Hello, I have three Xbee Series 2, grove development boards. Node 1 is configured as an end device which has sensor data coming from an arduino board. Node 2 is a router which receives data from node 1, while node 3 is a coordinator which is connected to the PC, which communicates with the XCTU. I have configured PAN ID same for all three nodes. I made DH and DL of node 1 as SH and SL of node 2, and DH and DL of node 2 as SH and SL of node 3, while for coordinator I made DH and DL as 0. It is seen that sensor data is being received from node 1 to node 2, but from node 2, data is not communicated to node 3. No data is available in the XCTU terminal. While I tested for two nodes, it is working. When I introduced one more node (node 2) , data is not transferred to node 3. Kindly suggest what might be the issue. Thank you.
asked May 17 in RF Solutions and XBee by Aravind Krishna New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
Hi Aravind

You should configure DH and DL on origin node with address of destination itself and shouldn't worry about routing path. The Zigbee network will take care of it.

Currently, node 3 is transmitting data to node2 and node 2 is going to output it on its UART Out pin.

Mathur
Digi Technical Support
answered May 17 by mathur Veteran of the Digi Community (291 points)
Thanks Mathur. It is working now, but I noticed something. Node 1 can talk to Node 3 (coordinator) directly without Node 2. Even though I remove node 2, communication takes place from Node 1 to Node 3. I wanted also to involve Node 2. It should be like Node 1 --> Node 2 ---> Node 3. Node 2 has to relay data from 1 to 3. I was working towards this. Any suggestions?
0 votes
Thanks Mr Mathur. Sure. I will try it out and update in this regard.

Thank you
Aravind
answered May 19 by Aravind Krishna New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
The main difference between these is that the end devices cannot route the traffic, the routers can route the traffic, and the coordinator, in addition to routing the traffic, is also responsible for forming the network first.
answered May 24 by RonaldMunoz New to the Community (1 point)
Hello Mr. Ronald Munoz,  I was actually able to relay data from end node to coordinator directly. It is working. I introduced one more node, and I made it as router, and now from the router I am not able to get any data to the coordinator which is connected to xctu.