Home/Support/Support Forum/Latest python 2.7 python.zip file for Digi Xbee gateway
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Latest python 2.7 python.zip file for Digi Xbee gateway

+1 vote
Hi,
For Xbee Industrial gateway (non-cellular) was told python.zip would be pre-installed but it seems the path interpreter checks but browsing the same does not exist.
>>> import sys
>>> print '\n'.join(sys.path)

/usr/lib/python27.zip <<<<<does not exist
/usr/lib/python2.7
/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2
/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk
/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old
/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages
>>

Can someone point where exactly the standard python.zip which is requirement for many applications. The one I have does not seem to work(http://ftp1.digi.com/support/sampleapplications/40002643_B.zip) as I need Digi version socket.py having definitions for
AF_ZIGBEE
ZBS_PROT_TRANSPORT etc.

Please provide link or can attach if possible.

rgds,
sharbt
asked Sep 24, 2020 in 3rd Party Python and API development in other Languages by SharBT New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
If you go to the webUI, under the Python section, that is where it would be uploaded.
answered Sep 24, 2020 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (14,297 points)
Thanks mvut,
Original query is "python.zip" , is there link where I can  get latest copy so that I can use it for sample applications?
I can then upload it to filesystem and reference in the modules etc.
Ok , with lot of investigation it seems ZBS_PROT_TRANSPORT need to be changed to XBS_PROT_TRANSPORT . It seems lot of examples are old and not relevant for latest libraries.
0 votes
Hello, I'm new here.
answered Sep 25, 2020 by techgropsepvtltd New to the Community (1 point)
reshown Sep 25, 2020 by mvut