Home/Support/Support Forum/XBee video file sending
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

XBee video file sending

0 votes
i have bought 2 XBee pro s2c , i design satellite for CanSat(not usa but my country)
i need to send 1 MB video. from groundstation to satellite. i have searched it on Digi forum also Youtube but i coundt find anything about that. Is there any option to send a video file which are mp4 or avi to other xBee. This isnt a stream only video sending if so how can i send 1 megabyte file (.avi or .mp4) to xBee from xBee

thanks for the reply in advance
asked Aug 31, 2020 in Satellite Modules by HakanErsoy New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
The XBee PRO S2C modules are not going to cover a range needed for a Satellite. You need to use something like the 900 MHz XTend or 868 MHz SX product for that kind of range.

As for Video, as long as you are trying to send it as a file in chunks, it can be done. But not as a live feed as the bandwidth will be too large.
answered Aug 31, 2020 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (14,666 points)
Hello,can you explain it in more detail. How the video file (in .avi format), can be chunk and send to receive device
You are going to need to use a serial based communications protocol which will break up the file into small packets then reassemble the file once it is received.
do you have any idea what can we use for live video feed?
I am only aware of one person who as done that and that person was the one who invented the mpeg compression. Unless you are capable of doing that, then I am not sure you are going to be able to.  Keep in mind that the majority of the RF enabled products Digi offers are low data rate Serial half duplex connections.