Home/Support/Support Forum/Problem upgrading firmware on EL-32 Solaris 10
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Problem upgrading firmware on EL-32 Solaris 10

0 votes
I have an EL-32 with very backdated firmware on it - v1.2. I wanted to upgrade it to v1.7, like most of my other units. This is from realport-2.8.5 driver software on Solaris 10 update 11.

Originally I had a lot of trouble trying to set a new IP address, until I actually erased the existing one first. I've never had to do that with any other EL-32; but this one has the lowest firmware version I've ever encountered (came from another location within the company).

When I attempt to upgrade it, however, I get the following:

# ./dgipserv -reset -tftp 10.145.227.247 -firmware /tftpboot/realport-v1_7.bin 00-a0-e7-22-02-d7 10.145.227.141
Resetting the EtherLite module...
Communicating with the RealPort software in the module...
Reset complete.
Awaiting a BOOTP request from HW address 00:A0:E7:22:02:D7...
(This may take up to a minute.)
Got one--responding...
Address successfully served.
Awaiting a TFTP request...
The module has been quiescent for 17 seconds.
Assuming something is wrong...
#

I *have* noticed that when doing just an "IP set", that the time between "Got one--responding..." and the banner-like message about the Etherlite rebooting takes much longer than I've seen for any other EL-32 unit. So I'm wondering if perhaps the V1.2 firmware isn't as efficient/fast as some of the newer versions. If so, should I use a lower version of the realport drivers and upgrade the EL-32 firmware in stages, or can the "timeout" value be customized/extended in some way to see if the Etherlite will eventually get around to issuing the tftp request?
asked May 23, 2017 in Realport by rwesterv New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.