Home/Support/Support Forum/Unusual DIO12 behaviour

Unusual DIO12 behaviour

0 votes
I am using S3B modules with 8071 firmware.
I have a master module connected via USB to my PC, operating in AP1 mode.
I have another module in serial mode controlling LEDs & relays. This module also has a Rx connection to a serial sensor that outputs 12 bytes of ASCII at 2 minute intervals.

I am controlling the remote IOs with API packets.

I am seeing unusual behaviour of the DIO2 pin. Sometimes it goes low, without a P2 command being sent from the master module. It occasionally, goes high again when I send an IO command to another pin, say DIO4.

Also, a remote IS query from the master module can show the pin as low, but the XCTU remote query shows the pin set to digital output High = 5. Even after, refreshing the XCTU P2 setting. The LED connected to DIO12 (pin 4) is clearly off.

This unusual behaviour does not seem to occur, if I remove the serial sensor connection to Rx.
asked Dec 11, 2015 in DigiMesh Proprietary Mesh Networking by RLmonitor New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
This sounds a lot like you have the remote module in SPI mode. You may want to verify that it is not in SPI mode.
answered Dec 11, 2015 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (14,874 points)
I was wondering about that, but I don't think I have SPI set. I'm using most of the pins as I/O.

P4 = 1 (UART Din)
P3 = 1 (UART Dout) nothing connected to this pin
P2 = 4 (Dout low)
D4 = 4 (Dout low)
D3 = 2 (ADC)
D2 = 2 (ADC)
D1 = 3 (Din)

I don't think that I have any SPI related signals active ...
0 votes
I haven't tried it yet, but I've just noticed that the new 8072 firmware should fix this problem.
answered Jan 26, 2016 by RLmonitor New to the Community (1 point)