Home/Support/Support Forum/how to configure Wan 3G EVDO for UK Vodafone provider ?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

how to configure Wan 3G EVDO for UK Vodafone provider ?

0 votes
I have a Digiconnect wan 3g EVDO VZW part number (1P)50001513-02 H bought from the USA.

I was hoping to be able to configure it for operation in the UK in the same way as I do with my existing Digi Connect WAN 3G modems (part numbers (1P)50001513-46 L. With these, I can enter all the vodafone APN details no problem and they work fine here in the UK.

But with this model I bought from the USA, when using the web interface, there is no way to select a custom provider and enter the relevant details. There is indeed a "custom provider" setting, but that just brings up a page asking for CHAP and PAP settings and dial strings - there is nowhere to enter APN settings. Is this particular modem hard-locked for USA use ?

Another thing I noted is that this USA model seems to have only one sim slot, hidden away behind a removable panel, whereas the models I got in Europe have two.

any help much appreciated. Paul
asked Apr 28, 2015 in Digi Connect Cellular by PTRANFIELD New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Paul,

The unit you have can only be used by carrier Verizon as this is a CDMA/EVDO device and can't be used with Vodafone which is a GSM carrier.
answered Dec 3, 2015 by Rasman New to the Community (20 points)