Home/Support/Support Forum/Errors compiling release version in Net+O/S
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Errors compiling release version in Net+O/S

0 votes
Just started using the Connectcore 9P 9215, and hit a problem in trying to generate a Release version of the code.

Using Digi ESP 7.4.2 patched to latest.

Easily reproducable - simply create and compile a new Digi project, and compile Debug and Release versions.

Debug compiles no problem.

Release fails with a number of errors - undefined symbol malloc (??!!) and -txe_event_flags_get, among others.

Basic problem is that libbsp.a isn't being produced.

Within the project's Release directory, there is no bsp subdirectory.

In the NetOS source directories, subdirectory connectcore9p9215_a_esp is created in Release mode; in Debug mode connectcore9p9215_a is created/used.
I suspect this is the root of the problem.

In the project's two makefile.init (Debug and Release) we have:

BOARD_TYPE = connectcore9p9215_a
PLATFORM = connectcore9p9215_a_esp
PROJPLATFORMDIR = ../bsp/7_4/connectcore9p9215_a
PROJBSPBINPATH = bsp/7_4/connectcore9p9215_a

I'm guessing that somewhere in the makefiles, BOARD_TYPE is used instead of PLATFORM; or maybe connectcore9p9215_a_esp should never be set as PLATFORM.

Has anyone else seen this? Or any suggestions as to where to look?
asked Jan 20, 2010 in NET+OS by steved2 Seasoned Professional (183 points)
recategorized Jun 17, 2013 by mcarver

Please log in or register to answer this question.

4 Answers

0 votes
Hey Steved2,

I've had this same problem before. Chances are your paths got mukked up in your project or in the ESP settings. Make sure they're right under Window->Preferences->NET+OS

Also check the proejct properties.

If that doesn't help then re-create the project. Otherwise you might just need to reinstall the ESP.

~Mike
answered Jan 29, 2010 by mcarver Community Contributor (108 points)
0 votes
Mike, Thanks for the tips.
Should perhaps have mentioned that I've been using the setup successfully for ME/ME9210 development - so whatever the problem is, its likely to be something specific to the 9P 9215.

Paths look OK everywhere.

I've already tries creating a new project without success.

Reinstalling ESP isn't a very attractive proposition, given the number of patches - I think my CD is actually for 7.3! Or is there a simple way to merge the patches with the installer?
answered Feb 2, 2010 by steved2 Seasoned Professional (183 points)
0 votes
Found the problem - no idea why it made the difference, but I've just 'released' two separate 9P 9215 projects by making this one little change.

In bsp_drivers.h, I changed line 111 to:

#define BSP_INCLUDE_I2C_EXPANDER FALSE

No problem to me (in fact it might have caused future problems) since I don't use the I/O expander. Looked as if it was somehow preventing the bootloader from compiling.
answered Feb 5, 2010 by steved2 Seasoned Professional (183 points)
0 votes
No change in 7.5 - the 'fix' is still needed in the release version
answered Dec 7, 2010 by steved2 Seasoned Professional (183 points)