Home/Support/Support Forum/Exception in serial thread on Connect ME
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Exception in serial thread on Connect ME

0 votes
I have an application throwing an abort exception in my serial thread. (Net OS 7.4.2). I put a breakpoint in customizeExceptionHandler() and I set naCustomizeExceptionHandlerClearToContinue to FALSE. I then single step into assembler to see where the program counter returns to in code. I end up in function na_llist_remove() which I do not have the source for, and which has no comments on it's functionality.

My question is, where do I go from here? how can I debug the source of the problem?

also, is there any way on the Digi Debug tool to monitor memory usage and statistics, or to trace back the function calls?

My serial thread is calling an FTP server function to transfer a file to a server. Calling the function twice seems to result in the exception.
asked Jul 1, 2010 in NET+OS by rflach5 New to the Community (7 points)
recategorized Dec 10, 2013 by tuxembb

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
Hello

You state the following: "My serial thread is calling an FTP server function to transfer a file to a server". I was wondering whether this was a typo and in fact your serial thread was calling an FTP client function to transfer a file to a server?

Also what function are you calling twice that seems to cause this mishap?
answered Jul 1, 2010 by dakotas_dad Veteran of the Digi Community (694 points)
0 votes
Well I found the issue. I was trying to access a file that I did not have a valid handle to, upon re-entering the function a second time.
answered Jul 7, 2010 by rflach5 New to the Community (7 points)
0 votes
I read the complete article you have posted here, So appreciated post..
answered Jul 1, 2013 by libra66 New to the Community (2 points)