Home/Support/Support Forum/ADDP password encryption?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

ADDP password encryption?

0 votes
I needed the 64-bit version of ADDP so I rewrote the ADDP.DLL, but I cannot figure out what kind of encryption the password uses for the set commands. Everything else works.

Anyone know how the encryption works for the passwords?

Thanks,
-Erik
asked May 6, 2011 in Device Manager by egawtry Veteran of the Digi Community (349 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

15 Answers

0 votes
I looked at the sample, it is just a sample of how to use the client library. I need information on how the client library works internally with the password encryption to do commands.

-Erik
answered Aug 19, 2011 by egawtry Veteran of the Digi Community (349 points)
0 votes
Have you looked at the client library source? It should give you some clues. I had a quick look at it and the Rabbit version does not seem to implement the encrypted passwords but it does mention in the comments that the encrypted password option is based on MD5 challenge/response.

Regards,
Peter
answered Aug 20, 2011 by petermcs Veteran of the Digi Community (1,130 points)
0 votes
Where is that source? All I can find is addp.c which is an example file on how to use the library.
answered Aug 22, 2011 by egawtry Veteran of the Digi Community (349 points)
0 votes
Assuming you installed DC in the default directory it should be in c:dcrabbit_10.66\Lib\Rabbit4000\tcpip\addp.lib
The Dynamic C Lib files are actually source code and can be viewed with a normal text editor.

Regards,
Peter
answered Aug 22, 2011 by petermcs Veteran of the Digi Community (1,130 points)
0 votes
I found it. It is the host implementation minus the password encryption. It does say MD5. Maybe with that clue and WireShark I can figure it out.

Thanks,
-Erik
answered Aug 24, 2011 by egawtry Veteran of the Digi Community (349 points)
ADDP password encryption still not known