Home/Support/Support Forum/Can the NETOS Pkg Mngr database be copied to another computer?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Can the NETOS Pkg Mngr database be copied to another computer?

0 votes
I am trying to move a highly customized installation of Netos to another computer (from Win7 to Win10).

I started by using an ISO image to install a clean 7.5.2 into the new Win 10 computer — seems like everything is working.

Then I copied my existing Win7 C:\netos75 folder to the new computer to replace the clean one.
Then I copied my existing Win7 \Digi_ESP folder to the new computer to replace the clean one.

When I started ESP, it complained that the Package Manager database did not exist, and created a new one. The list of packages is now totally out of sync with what's actually installed.

Since this DB is obviously not in \netos75 nor in \Digi_ESP, I looked around, but see no obvious location for it to be in. Nothing looks obvious in \ProgramData.

Can the package database be copied to the new computer?

Thanks.

— greg
asked Nov 6, 2020 in NET+OS by gwillits New to the Community (25 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Ah -- must have been in workspace /.metadata. After moving that over, the package manager appears to be in the same state as the source computer.

— greg
answered Nov 6, 2020 by gwillits New to the Community (25 points)