Home/Support/Support Forum/how to send from computer to xbee3 cellular
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

how to send from computer to xbee3 cellular

0 votes
i have the xbee3 cellular. i am able to send messages from the modem to a computer using tcp transparent mode. i am trying to send from computer to the modem at any time. i know the modem has an assigned ip address. how do i send messages to this modem. can you give a high level explanantion. Again i need to send a message to the xbee3 at any time without the xbee3 sending first
asked Mar 13 in Digi Connect Cellular by wiscon_sin_f New to the Community (0 points)
reshown Mar 16 by wiscon_sin_f

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Wiscon,

In order for the module to support incoming sockets, the SIM card would need to be a public static IP SIM or the PC needs to be within a VPN to that same APN. Also look at https://www.digi.com/support/knowledge-base/xbee-cell-incoming-socket

Digi Support
answered Mar 13 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (12,657 points)
I understand how to send . But how to send an unsolicited message from computer to xbee3. If I go from xbee3 to computer then I can talk to it. But how can computer send message to xbee3 without xbee3 first sending.
The article listed above tells you how to configure the XBee Cellular for incoming socket support.  But you will also need to have your PC or network on the same VPN within the Cellular provider in order to make the connection or use a Public static IP address SIM card.