Home/Support/Support Forum/AnywhereUSB 2 Plus "Invalid Client Cert"
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

AnywhereUSB 2 Plus "Invalid Client Cert"

0 votes
On AnywhereUSB 2 Plus I have configured two Groups Group1 has access to USB1 and Group2 has access to USB2

In client settings via the web interface i have configured clientID1 to get access to group 1 and clientID2 to get access to group2.

So far so good, I am able to connect with clientID2 to group2 however when i try to connect clientID1 to group1 I get a red X and the error message "Invalid Client Cert"

Why is my client cert invalid? Which client cert is used? I have a couple of client certs in the local computer certificate store, could that be the reason? How can i tell the AnywhereUSB Manager which client cert to use?

Any help appreciated,
Mark
asked Aug 8, 2019 in USB Serial by makei New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
I checked the client certificate which is located at C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\AnywhereUSB\awusb_client_cert.pem and it looked fine so I figured that the issue is likely on the Hub side with the client certificate thumbprint not being registered on the hub for some reason.

As a test I tried copying over the certificate from the other VM and it worked.

Eventually I was able to resolve the issue.
I was restoring AWUSB Manager to its default settings and also deleting the client ID.

Then I deleted the client ID configuration on the Hub and rebooted the Hub.

While it was booting i configured the ClientID and Known Hub again in AWUSB Manager.

After the reboot was done my ClientID got automatically registered because I had the
"Automatically Register Unknown Clients" option ticked and everything was working fine.
answered Aug 9, 2019 by makei New to the Community (2 points)
selected Aug 12, 2019 by makei