Home/Support/Support Forum/Boot from SD Card ConnectCore 6UL
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Boot from SD Card ConnectCore 6UL

0 votes
I was reading this FAQ about how to boot a linux environemnt from an SD card on the ConnectCore 6UL:
https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90001546/task/yocto/t_faq_boot_from_usd_yocto.htm

These steps are easy enough to follow, however I compiled my own dey-image-qt from dey-2.6 and I don't see a .sdcard file.

How can I have bitbake output a .sdcard file so I can boot linux from an SD card?
asked Jul 5 in Linux by DigiDabbler New to the Community (11 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
The document you referring to is talking about cc6 module. You are using cc6ul module which is different. It cannot boot from uSD card because MMC interface is already used by wireless chip.
answered 4 days ago by LeonidM Veteran of the Digi Community (2,821 points)
selected 4 days ago by DigiDabbler
Thanks for that! I guess I misread the product name. I'll just have to limit my image to the NAND storage size then.
you can have u-boot in NAND and kernel and rootfs on SD-card
That sounds like a good way to expand the max fs size.

Are there any resources you can recommend to help me get u-boot on the SD card? Are there any settings I need to adjust in my dey source files or compiled bitbake files to allow the OS to boot from mmc?
you can't get U-boot on SDcard. U-boot will always be in NAND. You can boot rootfs and kernel on SD card
We normally have a FAT partition followed by an ext4 partition with the rootfs, thus the p2 in /dev/mmcblk1p2 for mmcroot.
 and then do something like:
=> setenv mmcroot /dev/mmcblk1p2
=> setenv mmcdev 1
=> dboot linux mmc