Home/Support/Support Forum/Sending Hex or Dec commands to DigiOne SP via socket
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Sending Hex or Dec commands to DigiOne SP via socket

0 votes
I have DigiOne SP connected to a digital length gauge via serial port. Serial port is configured according to the length gauge's specs.

I need to send a decimal or hexadecimal command to it via socket, however no matter what I do I never get an answer back from the equipment.

If I connect the equipment to my PC via serial port and run a VT100 terminal, I can send any of the commands below that I will get the length from the equipment:
HEX: 7C0054504F53000000000001C204
DEC: 124000084080079083000000000000000001194004

Now when I try doing the same commands via Digi nothing really happens. I know my socket connection is working because when I put the loopback connector to the DB9 port I get the message back.

I've used DigiOne SP on the same architecture with different equipments with no issues but this specific one is giving me a hard time to find out the correct message format I should be sending.

Does anyone has any clue? Really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Ricardo
asked Apr 9 in ConnectPort TS by ricardo.carvalho New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.