Home/Support/Support Forum/Why change parameters configured in XCTU in an XBee programmable with a SerialByPass app

Why change parameters configured in XCTU in an XBee programmable with a SerialByPass app

0 votes
Hello, I'm trying to use programmable Xbee's with Arduino boards. I've upload the SerialByPass app in the Freescale Processor, and I am using the bee-arduino library.

The problem I have is that I configure the A0 "API Output mode" parameter to "Native 0" but when I disconnect the XBee from the PC and I put it in the Arduino, my sketch doesn't work properly. When I connect the XBee again to the XCTU, the A0 parameter is in "Explicit+unsup ZDO 3" again.

Why?

Thanks!
asked Jul 12, 2018 in XBee Programmable Development by jfbermejo New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
A late answer but this is due to the SerialByPass application. The SDK sets the AO to a specific value based on certain features or conditions that have been enabled in the application (xbee_config.h) during module startup.

Take a look of the SDK code to figure out what are the features that set the AO to 3:

https://github.com/exsilium/pxbee-blink-led/blob/master/pxbee/pan/pan_init.c#L156
answered Oct 10, 2018 by exile Community Contributor (91 points)