Home/Support/Support Forum/LTE-M is not connecting to cellular network
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

LTE-M is not connecting to cellular network

0 votes
Hello,

I just received two of the new LTE-M development kits and I am not able to connect to the cellular network with either of them (AI=25). Also, the red LED on the XBIB board is lit solid (should be blinking) and the three green LEDs on the right are all lit. Here are the steps I’ve taken:

1. Connect to the boards using latest XCTU (works OK). SIM cards are installed, and antennas are attached to the correct connectors. Power supply and USB cables are attached.
2. Update firmware to latest version (1140B).
3. Set
a. IP = TCP
b. TD = D
c. DL = 52.43.121.77
d. DE = 2329
e. AN = 10569.mc, –, or *
f. CP = 0, 2, or 3
g. AM = 0

If I check AI, it is = 22 or 25. At this location we have excellent Verizon and AT&T LTE coverage (DB=2D). I have also made a connection to Verizon’s LTE-M service with a competitor’s product at this same location. I also notice that PH and MN are coming up blank.

Is there something I haven’t done correctly? Does the SIM card need to be activated? We’re anxious to get this working!
asked Jul 9 in Digi Connect Cellular by cwills New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote
fyi, I ran into the same problem this weekend when first testing with my new dev.kit: kept getting AI = 22, 25...

Then today (1 day later), I tried again and it's now connecting just fine.

Just wondering if the sim is going through some activation process when first connecting and it's taking a while to do so?

The doc says "Registration typically takes 5 - 6 minutes the first time a device is connected to the network." Mine definitely took considerable longer...
answered Jul 10 by smertrios New to the Community (3 points)
0 votes
So, both modules ended up connecting at the same time, about 6 hours after powering them up (red LED constantly blinking). Digi support indicates that they did not do anything on their end to get them working.
Hopefully others will chime in on their experiences with LTE-M connectivity since we're a bit blind regarding what's happening beyond the antenna (thanks smertrios).
answered 6 days ago by cwills New to the Community (2 points)
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! Contact Us