Home/Support/Support Forum/xbee 3g cellular wont allow more than 5 TCP connections, even when each are closed
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

xbee 3g cellular wont allow more than 5 TCP connections, even when each are closed

0 votes
i'm using the Xbee 3G global in transparent mode and i've come across a pattern.

after all parameters setup appropriately; i can successfully make five TCP/IP requests in succession - which is effectively a HTTP request where the client has requested closed connection and the server forces a close connection. when the six attempt is made; the request is never made - as if there is no longer an available socket.

a potential bug possibly? reported to digi support.

what it seems is that when a TCP/IP port is open; even when it has been closed; the port remains flagged as open. this is contradictory to what the documentation says on the matter. the resolution i was forced to use was to issue a network reset AT command (ATNR 0) that resets the transport layer; effectively forcing close any ports.

then i can continue to create new TCP/IP connections without failure.
asked Mar 5, 2018 in Digi Connect Cellular by ardiri New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.