Home/Support/Support Forum/Does UDP messages sent from the network get converted to serial for serial ports?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Does UDP messages sent from the network get converted to serial for serial ports?

0 votes
I have a PS TS MEI/4 which i have configured for UDP communications with all serial ports through the web UI.
I have written C code such that it reads and sends data from the network side of the server. I can receive data fine coming from any of the serial ports but when I try and send data back through there is nothing received.
I was wondering if the server outputs the data received from the network in the appropriate serial format through the serial ports?
when I use a loop back connector on one of the serial ports, I can successfully receive back the data that is sent from the server. I can not however receive it successfully within terminal such as PUTTY or COOLTERM.
If you have any other questions please ask, I am only new to this so I appologise if this is a silly question.
thanks!
asked Jan 25, 2018 in Portserver TS by Joel_broad New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.