Home/Support/Support Forum/Unable to install Android in Connect core CC-SB-WMX-L76C-1
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Unable to install Android in Connect core CC-SB-WMX-L76C-1

0 votes
Hello,
I followed guide at https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90001945-13/Default.htm#task/android/t_load_android_firmware.htm%3FTocPath%3DDigi%2520Embedded%2520for%2520Android%7CGet%2520started%7C_____3

I downloaded firmware images the site points to (ftp://ftp1.digi.com/support/android/5.1.1/r4/images/82003939_C.zip)

but when I try to install it in the device I get the response:

ERROR: Could not find file u-boot-ccimx6dlsbc512MB.imx

Does that mean that my Connect core device (CC-SB-WMX-L76C-1) this firmware build doesn't support this firmware image?

What is the correct image I should use to install Android?

Thanks in advance
asked Nov 22, 2017 in Android by ondra3 New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
The stock images you are downloading are for 1GB SBC that comes with the dev kit. And you have 512Mb SBC.
The u-boot is different, but you already have u-boot so you do not even need to update it. The rest of the images should be fine. So just modify startup script to not update u-boot or add u-boot-ccimx6dlsbc512MB.imx to your uSD card.
Or build your own images for your platform. But that's overkill for just trying out the Android.
answered Nov 26, 2017 by LeonidM Veteran of the Digi Community (3,556 points)