Home/Support/Support Forum/List Incoming SMS on XBee

List Incoming SMS on XBee

0 votes
I am working with a Digi Xbee LTE connected via USB to a Raspberry Pi using PHP to send and receive SMS, but standard AT commands don't seem to be working to receive SMS. How can I check for incoming SMS messages using AT commands? Here is the output of the serial port:

AT+CPMS=?
+CPMS: ("SM","ME"),("SM","ME"),("SM","ME")

OK
AT+CPMS="SM"
+CPMS: 0,0,0,0,0,0

OK
AT+CMGL="ALL"
OK

+CMT: "4805554027","","17/11/15,09:58:47+00"
Test

+CMT: "4805554027","","17/11/15,09:59:11+00"
Test 2
AT+CMGL="ALL"
OK
AT+CMGR=1
+CMS ERROR: 321

CPMS shows that it supports SM, so we set it to that and try getting all messages. I get an empty "OK" response. Then on my cell phone I send it a SMS and it prints instantly on the screen without me running any commands to retrieve them. At least now I know it should have some SMS to view now, so I run AT+CMGL="ALL" again, and get an empty "OK" response.

Because of the nature of Serial, I can't have my PHP application that is running over USB listening for incoming messages constantly and be able to send, it has to do one or the other. Because of that, I need to be able to alternately send messages, then check for incoming, but it doesn't seem to store them or something.
asked Nov 22, 2017 in XBee Cellular by ajhalls New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
This is a result of the current version of the telet firmware on the LTE that has a bug in the CMGL="All" command where it is not working. You will need to wait for the next release of the Telet code or do a continuous read for the messages.
answered Nov 22, 2017 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (12,834 points)