Home/Support/Support Forum/Is it possible to use a Digi Cellular LTE Cat 1 modem with other cloud services (such as Azure)?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Is it possible to use a Digi Cellular LTE Cat 1 modem with other cloud services (such as Azure)?

0 votes
I have an existing IOT platform that I would like to use with the Digi Cellular LTE Cat 1 modem. Specifically, I would like to utilize the MQTT protocol to do this. Is this possible? Does it come down to what is supported in the firmware?
asked Sep 1, 2017 in Digi Connect Cellular by samf48 New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
That is going to be a mixture of what is supported in the firmware and what functions you use externally. I believe that it will work from an external perspective as this would just be seen as a TCP request.
answered Sep 1, 2017 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,302 points)
Looking at some of the python code libraries, I notice this line: "import iothub_client".  As far as I know there is not a way to import this library to the modem. And that is the library that handles the MQTT protocol to Azure services.  Is there a way to import that library or is that what needs to be supported in the existing modem firmware?
I believe that is a function on the Python that is stored on the XBee.