Home/Support/Support Forum/How can I read DataPoints from stream using python-devicecloud?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

How can I read DataPoints from stream using python-devicecloud?

0 votes
The bullet list under Supported Features for python-devicecloud on GitHub promises the following functionality: "Read data points from a stream (includes control over order of returned data set as well as allowing for retrieving data roll-ups, etc.)", yet I cannot seem to find a way to read multiple data points from my stream.

I can read retrieve the current value for a sensor using the stream.get_current_value() call, but I would like to get the last 50, say, values and put them into a list.

The Streams API documentation promises a DataPoint class, but I don't see this in my current python-devicecloud download from GitHub.

Does anyone know how to do this?
asked Jun 29, 2017 in Device Manager by bpblock New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi. I am also looking to read DataPoints from data stream using Devicecloud. But i could not succeed. Have you got the answer?.

I am doing my Master thesis and right now got struck in this. It will be great if you share any ideas to go forward?
answered Jan 10 by chandru New to the Community (3 points)