Home/Support/Support Forum/Cant communicate between devices after sleep

Cant communicate between devices after sleep

0 votes
Hi all.
I've got 2 digi868 modules communicating (p2p i suppose) , using the usart , just rx/tx in transparent mode.
If I put one of the modules to sleep for 30 seconds , but the other device continues to transmit , when the one device wakes up again , I can't re-establish comms between the 2 devices. I am putting the device to sleep using the sleep mode 1 and the sleep_request line. If no comms happen while the device is asleep , then everything seems to recover ok.
I've tried a hardware and software reset of the "waking" device after it wakes up, does not help.
Any ideas?
I'm new to this stuff , so I'm sure I'm doing something dumb :0)
Cheers
Neddie
asked Jun 21, 2017 in RF Solutions and XBee by Neddie New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
What is the exact part number of the Xbee modules you are working with and what firmware version is installed?
answered Jun 21, 2017 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,302 points)
0 votes
May I suggest you contact Digi Technical Support by sending them an email to technicalsupport@digi.com. Make sure that when you do, don't just say I am having an issue. Make sure you provide them everything they would need to reproduce the issue.
answered Jun 23, 2017 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,302 points)