Home/Support/Support Forum/Why can't my coordinator receive a message from a router?

Why can't my coordinator receive a message from a router?

0 votes
Hello,

I'm creating a network ox xbee pro S2Cs in API mode.

Whenever I send a message to my router, my router can receive the exact message perfectly, but when I try to respond, my coordinator receives an 8B request. When I send it to an unavailable router it returns seomthing like this:
(1) 7E 00 07 8B Short Address xx xx 24 1 CheckSum
(2) 7e 00 07 8B Short Address xx xx 0 0 Checksum

I generated a frame lik this in xctu and I noticed that the important bytes are 8B 24 and 1 in (1), where 8B indicates the frametype, 24 indicates that the required mac address was not found and 1 indicating that it was a discovery. And in (2) the important ones are 8B 0 and 0 which indicate that the message was sent and received correctly.

To me this is strange, because in the router I always expect to receive a 0x90 in the frame type byte which indicates that I have received a frame. But that never happens in my coordinator?

From coordinator to router I send:
7e 00 xx 10 1 00 10 32 xx xx xx xx xx FF FE 00 00 01 MYDATA Checksum

And from router to coordinator my frame is the same, the only thing that changes is the Mac Address and the checksum.

So, why can't I receive the frame in my coordinator? Should I send another command? Am I sending it wrong from the router? Do I need to send to a different short address? Where can I learn more about this so that I can study before coming to this forum? Is there an open source library?
asked Feb 23, 2017 in RF Solutions and XBee by morcillo New to the Community (3 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
That does not look like a valid frame for the 64 bit address. The 64 bit address for a Digi xbee begins with 00 13 A2 00. Could that be why it is not working?
answered Feb 23, 2017 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,298 points)
Sorry it took me such a long time to answer. I was able to fix it, unfortunately the MAC I provided above was a typo.

My problem was connection to the board. The signal was geting there but was too noisy fue to poor connection. I fixed it, the signal started getting to xbee as cleanly as possible and it all started working.

Thank you very much for your help