Home/Support/Support Forum/ccardimx28js yocto start (eclipse, bitbake)
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

ccardimx28js yocto start (eclipse, bitbake)

0 votes
Hello,

i'm trying to use bitbake and yocto with the connectardim28js.

So far, i have succefully created my image with my own recipes using bitbake. But there are some more questions:

a) Is it possibile to add all recipes of a layer? At the moment i add every recipe on its own with the local.conf line "IMAGE_INSTALL_append = ..."

b) What is the correct way to set the default root password and hostname? I tried the following line, without success:

DISTRO_HOSTNAME = "coffeeroaster"
inherit extrausers
EXTRA_USERS_PARAMS = "usermod -P password root;"

c) How do i remove default software distributed by the digi layer? In the local.conf there is for example no line for the default webserver. Do i have to edit the layer?

d) I try to use eclipse to create my own project. Creating a C++ project my linker seem to not knowing my own classes. I get always undefined reference error for my own classes and its methods. Its a very basic Hello World programm with a testclass printing "Hello World". In eclipse I choosed "Hello World C++ Autotools Project"

Thank you very much for you help!
asked Jan 4, 2017 in Linux by Curby New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
a) I think what you want is to create your own layer
Create your own custom layer. Poky provides a script to create custom layers:
# cd /usr/local/dey-2.0/sources
# ./poky/scripts/yocto-layer create your_layer

b) I succesfully used 2 lines below to add a new user:
inherit extrausers
EXTRA_USERS_PARAMS = "useradd -P 2015*08 leonidm;"

more details and examples here:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/FAQ:How_do_I_set_or_change_the_root_password

inherit extrausers
EXTRA_USERS_PARAMS = "usermod -P 1876*18 root;"

c) modify meta-digi layer

d) please take a look at this presentation:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/596srcc2i9oig9l/DEY%20-%20hands-on%203%20-%20Application%20Development_20160228_rebranded.pdf?dl=0
answered Jan 4, 2017 by LeonidM Veteran of the Digi Community (3,656 points)
0 votes
Alright I'm working on it, but just another question:

Using Eclipse I am wondering how to add the sqlite3 library? I can use #include "sqlite3.h" and the file is found. But i always get an error "undefined reference".

Using the autotools c++ project it seems to not have the classic library section under properties -> c++ build.
answered Jan 17, 2017 by Curby New to the Community (2 points)