Home/Support/Support Forum/Can i send command from serial port to ethernet port with digi connect me?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Can i send command from serial port to ethernet port with digi connect me?

0 votes
Hi, i'm a beginner in the microcontrollers world and i start with using the Digi Connect ME. After the configuration I attack the ethernet cable and the primary serial port with my PC and with HyperTerminal i start a connection between the two interfaces. I send command from the ethernet port with TCP/IP Winsock. Now i can exchange message from the two ports. Can i do the opposite, that is send command from serial port and start the connection from this?
asked Nov 29, 2016 in Windows CE by andrewela New to the Community (4 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer
Please take a look at sample application: C:\netos75\src\examples\natcptoserial\ it creates a bidirectional bridge between serial and TCP ports.

This application is a simple example demonstrating how to very simply pass
data recieved on a serial port to a TCP socket connection as well as take recieved
TCP data and pass it to the serial port. The inbound TCP socket connection is established through
a third party tool or application such as Microsoft Windows telnet client or Hypterminal using a
Winsock connection. This application will only accept a single TCP socket connection at a time.

This application also demonstrates how to read and write to a serial port within a single
thread using the select() function.

This example should work on all development boards that have a serial port available.
answered Nov 30, 2016 by LeonidM Veteran of the Digi Community (2,891 points)
selected Nov 30, 2016 by andrewela
Thank you so much, I'll try to do this.
+1 vote
> Now i can exchange message from the two ports. Can i do the opposite, that is send command from serial port and start the connection from this?
yes, you can

What firmware are you using? Netos? Plug and play ?
answered Nov 29, 2016 by LeonidM Veteran of the Digi Community (2,891 points)
Yes, i'm using Netos