Home/Support/Support Forum/Compiling to Flash in RCM3700 worked fine, then suddenly not.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Compiling to Flash in RCM3700 worked fine, then suddenly not.

+2 votes
I set up the RCM3700 in the development board and compiled pong.c with Dynamic C 9.62 per the quick start guide and it worked great. The next day I hit Reset Target / Compile BIOS and got this error:

While Sending Pilot BIOS:

Target communication error.

No settings were changed between it working and not working. I swapped in a fresh RCM3750 module and am getting the same error.

I compiled pong.c to a .bin file to try loading it through Rabbit Field Utility and it always hangs at 873 bytes sent and gives this error:

Error sending pilot bios.

Am I having a problem with the programming cable? I don't see how I can compile to flash successfully one day and the next it no longer works.
asked Sep 2, 2016 in Rabbit Software by RocketJames New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote
I had this same issue with a BL2010 and Dynamic C Version 9.62. I found the answer in this forum response:

https://www.digi.com/support/forum/40110/how-can-i-correct-a-communication-error-in-dynamic-c-9-62?show=40110#q40110

I adjusted my latency to 13 msec and it began working again.
answered Jul 17, 2018 by woopelderly New to the Community (9 points)
0 votes
How old is the programming cable? I recall issues with the connector getting loose on the cable I used for RCM2200 development, and it was necessary to squeeze it tight on the ribbon cable to get it working again.
answered Sep 2, 2016 by TomCollins Veteran of the Digi Community (1,514 points)
I checked out my cable and all connections seem tight. Not sure when it was manufactured but I bought it about a week ago. It literally worked the first time I used it and never again.

I've used serial port analyzer software to see what's going on behind the scenes and the compile always stops at the same point. I can see coldload.bin and pilot.bin get written, then the RCM responds with (hex):

69 D4

and that's the end of the communication.