Home/Support/Support Forum/Unable to connect/configure Digi Connect SP
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Unable to connect/configure Digi Connect SP

0 votes
Hi,
I'm unable to connect to the Digi Connect SP device.

I own two out of the box devices which I conntected to power and network and assigned an IP address by using DHCP.

The divices consumes the IP address and do respond to ping.

But none of the following options to connect to it do work:
- Digi Device Discovery (no device found)
- HTTP (no response)
- SNMP (no response)
- Telnet/SSH (no response)

There is no firewall running between device and pc. Both are connected to the same network switch.

Digi Device Discovery lists any other Digi devices running in the network, but the 2 Digi Connect SP.

Due to the lack of a DTE device I'm unable to connect through serial port.

What do I have to do to connect to the device?
asked Aug 23, 2016 in Portserver (CLI-only) by resc.digi New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Would you be able to provide the part numbers for these 2 units? I wonder if you might have the programmable modules rather than the plug and play variant.
answered Aug 23, 2016 by userid0 Veteran of the Digi Community (2,156 points)
selected Aug 24, 2016 by resc.digi
That's what's printed on the label:

PN:(1P) 50001340-02      M
     -C         95015062 B
These are the custom units that require programming and not the plug and play models.  Details on NetOS programming on these models, along with ADDP implementation (for device discovery) can be found in the following guide:

http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90000785_J.pdf
Thank you verry much for clarifying that.
I was not aware of these two varaints. The digi's product overview does not point that out. Better reading the datasheet would have prevented me from that mistake.

My intention was to use a DC-SP-01-S device instead of DC-SP-01-C.
Since it is difficult to get the S-version in a timely fashion, I would like to know if its possible to install the plug and play firmware on the DC-SP-01-C devices?
No, unfortunately the firmware is not interchangeable.  Looks like you can purchase the plug-and-play model from Express Systems:  http://www.digi.com/products/models/dc-sp-01-s