Home/Support/Support Forum/Xbee Series 2 doesn't wake up

Xbee Series 2 doesn't wake up

0 votes
Hi, here is my problem,

I use Xbee series 2 (XB24CZPIS004) and I have set up a basic communication between two Xbees (one connected to Arduino and the other to the PC). Everything works perfectly until the moment I put Xbee to sleep, or better until the moment I try to wake up the Xbee from sleep mode.

I use the pin sleep mode, by setting ATSM1 and Arduino successfully puts to sleep the Xbee by setting an output digital pin to HIGH which is connected to SLEEP_RQ. But when I set this digital pin back to LOW the Xbee doesn't wake up and the weird thing is that when I measure the voltage on that pin (Pin 9 in Xbee) is still HIGH, while the digital pin from arduino is LOW(I measured it by disconnecting it from Xbee). But wait it gets even weirder... while it's sleeping I pulled its pin to GND with a wire and suddenly it woke up.

The Xbee is configured as an END device.

I also found some other answers like set D7 to 0 or disconnect D7 from RTS (which is already diconnected as I use an SMT module) but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated.
asked Aug 3, 2016 in IEEE 802.15.4 by nickener New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Try disabling the internal pullup/down resistor on the XBee module for that pin. It is mostly being caused by your processor not being able to bring the XBee module to the proper voltage.
answered Aug 4, 2016 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,302 points)
0 votes
I succedded by adding a pull down reistor on that pin, I am not sure if I am able to disable the pullup/down resistor in Xbee.
answered Aug 4, 2016 by nickener New to the Community (1 point)
Yes you could with the PR and PD commands but adding an external works just as good.