Home/Support/Support Forum/ConnectPort X2 and xbee

ConnectPort X2 and xbee

0 votes
Hi, I purchased a ConnectPort X2 and I want it to discover an xbee device that's located 3 feet away. Tried everything, without success. When I click on "Discover XBee Devices" button, it only finds itself. Here are the details:

The XBee rev. B is connected to an XBee dev. board SBIB-U-DEV REV. 3.
I ran X-CTU and I see the following parameters:
Channel: E
PAN ID: 3332
Firmware Version: 1084
Hardware Version: 1742
Type: End device
X-CTU says the XBee firmware is up-to-date.

The X2 has the following config:
Extended Pan ID: 0x0000000000003332
PAN ID: 0x3332 - 0x0000000000003332
Channel: 0x0e (2420 MHz)
Type: coordinator
Scan channels: 0x1ffe
Firmware Version: 2.14.0.7

Please help.
- Alexander
asked Mar 5, 2012 in IEEE 802.15.4 by aryzhov New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

4 Answers

0 votes
X-CTU is lying to you! The latest firmware is 1xEC.

Maybe you didn't tell X-CTU to update its firmware list? I don't think it will access the net unless you explicitly tell it to.

Updating the firmware may or may not solve your problem but it's a wise step to begin with. There have been a lot of improvements since 1084.
answered Mar 6, 2012 by johnf Veteran of the Digi Community (464 points)
0 votes
I updated the firmware to 1xEC but it didn't help. Are there any instructions on how to use XBee with ConnectPort X2? An example with all settings in X-CTU would be helpful, too.

The closest thing I found is this tutorial: http://sites.google.com/site/xbeetutorial/xbee-introduction/zigbee_setup

It says: "For setup a ZigBee Network , it needs XB24-XXX or XBP24-XXX , such as XB24-B and XBP24-ZB. " Is that true? Are there different XBee versions for P-to-P and ZigBee?

X-CTU identifies my modem as XB24. I tried changing Modem type to XB24-B or XB-24ZB but I got an error: "Incompatible function set selected for current module", regardless of the function set I select.
answered Mar 12, 2012 by aryzhov New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
Hi Alexander,

I'm encountering the exact same problem.
Have you had any progress with this issue?

Thanks!
answered Aug 6, 2012 by amitash New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
Hi,

For setup a ZigBee Network , it needs XB24-XXX or XBP24-XXX , such as XB24-B and XBP24-ZB. " Is that true? Are there different XBee versions for P-to-P and ZigBee?
Yes.
ZigBee(XB24-B) and 802.15.4(XB24) are different protocols. They are not compatible with each other.
Refer the following link, http://www.digi.com/wiki/developer/index.php/XBee_Product_Codes#DD_upper_word_:_Module_Type which helps you to understand the xbee product codes.
answered Sep 26, 2012 by kavya Seasoned Professional (198 points)