Home/Support/Support Forum/Error comunication RCM6700 to Dynamic 10.72A
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Error comunication RCM6700 to Dynamic 10.72A

0 votes
We bought recently Kit Rabbit RCM6700 development and sample programs loaded and executed perfectly. But with the code we load we have a problem: the compilation is successful, but when the Rabbit load the code I get an error communication. I did several tests and performing various settings in Project Options -> Communications -> Stop bits and Enable Processor verification. And changing the latency serial (COM) port. But not communicate. What alternative can try there?
I check enable "use USB to serial Converter" into the kit development.....
asked Jul 5, 2016 in Rabbit Software by jleon New to the Community (1 point)
edited Jul 5, 2016 by jleon
At what point does the communication fail?  If you choose "Reset Target/Compile BIOS" from the "Run" menu, is it successful?

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote
Have you tried putting a breakpoint on the first line of code in your program to see if the load is successful?

Usually when I see these types of problem in my code it is because of an error which is trashing memory or the stack which blows the debug kernel out of the water...
answered Jul 9, 2016 by petermcs Veteran of the Digi Community (1,130 points)
I would agree with Peter on this.  If you're successful with "Reset Target/Compile BIOS" from the "Run" menu, then target communications are OK.  If sample programs work as well, then there's a problem with your program.  By setting a breakpoint, you can single-step through your program startup sequence to see where it's crashing.
0 votes
The program compiles. But no load to the development board. The Dynamic C 10.72A shows a communication error window: "While Debbugging: Timeout waiting for response from target". The computer has a operating system Windos Pro 8.1 64-bit wich is not communicating with the serial converter in the development board
answered Jul 7, 2016 by jleon New to the Community (1 point)
Are you sure you've selected the correct serial port in the Project Options/Communications tab?  Do you have the jumper installed on JP1 of the development board to connect 3.3V to SMODE?
Yes. All the configurations are correctly initialized. I don't know what happen.....