Home/Support/Support Forum/Help on a project with xbees that uses one or more xbees to show data or alert a device for outdoors.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Help on a project with xbees that uses one or more xbees to show data or alert a device for outdoors.

0 votes
I am doing a project and I need help being guided in the right direction. I need more than one sensor to send me an alert when an event is triggered then to send data when the event is triggered until the user turns it off. I plan to use more than one xbee. But since it will be in the outdoors I don't want to bring out a breadboard with an arduino. Is there a way I can send an alert and data to a phone? Thanks.
asked Mar 30, 2016 in Feedback/Wish List by Newuserr New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
First of all, your XBees would need some way of contacting the "outside" world, since an XBee doesn't have IP connectivity inherently (unless you're referring to an XBee Wifi).

What you might want to look at to get your XBee's on an IP network (if not XBee Wifi) is one of our ConnectPort X2, X4, or X2e gateways (depending on the XBee protocol). The ConnectPort has a built-in python interpreter, and can also be added to Digi Device Cloud. This is where your alert capability exists, because Digi Device Cloud supports email notification for various types of Alarms (refer to the Device Cloud User Guide section about Alarms in the Device Management chapter).
answered Apr 8, 2016 by michaelt Veteran of the Digi Community (758 points)