Home/Support/Support Forum/XBEE coordinator API AND router API link 'Inactive'?

XBEE coordinator API AND router API link 'Inactive'?

0 votes
Hi, I have a question, I have configured 1 xbee s2b pro as coordinator api mode and 3 xbee s2b pro as routers api mode. In the network discovery mode of XCTU, I am seeing the link between the router and coordinator individually as 'Inactive'. I need to use mesh networking and broadcast mode for my project on VANET. My controller would be arduino mega.
My coordinator DH: 0
DL: FFFF

My router DH: 0
DL: 0 (Is this how it should be for broadcast and networking?)
Where am I going wrong?
asked Mar 13, 2016 in ZigBee PRO Featureset (and legacy ZNet 2.5) by viks New to the Community (0 points)
recategorized Apr 8, 2016 by michaelt

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
It sounds like your XBee Routers may not be properly provisioned to the Coordinator. Easy method would be to hit the Reset button 4 times in rapid succession per XBee Router. Alternately, you could API packetize the command "CB4", and it would have the same effect as hitting the Reset button 4 times.

If you really want to make sure they associate, set all four devices for a common PAN ID, then use the SC parameter to narrow the range of channels they can choose.

Here's a nice resource page you might want to check out: http://www.digi.com/wiki/developer/index.php/Category:Working_with_Zigbee

The SC information is discussed in an article on that page called "Channels, ZigBee".
answered Apr 8, 2016 by michaelt Veteran of the Digi Community (758 points)