Home/Support/Support Forum/Can I generate PWM with frequency higher than 1MHz using RCM4300
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Can I generate PWM with frequency higher than 1MHz using RCM4300

0 votes
I am trying to generate PWM output on port C PWM channel 0 of the RCM4300. I want to generate frequency higher than 1MHz and minimum ON time 1us.
But I am not able to generate frequency more than 28KHz. I am using Main system clock with frequency doubler ON (Clock freq. 58.98MHz). Please help me.
asked Jan 12, 2016 in Rabbit Software by rahul24 New to the Community (0 points)
reshown Jan 27, 2016 by rmaroun

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
When you call pwm_init() to set up the PWM output, what's the return value? That should be the maximum frequency possible for those outputs.

I highly doubt it's possible to hit 1MHz and have such a small duty cycle as 1us. What are you using the output for that requires such fast timing?

Looking at pwm_set(), it appears that 1/1024 is the shortest duty cycle possible with the Rabbit 4000's PWM outputs.
answered Feb 29, 2016 by TomCollins Veteran of the Digi Community (1,274 points)