Home/Support/Support Forum/exploded bandwidth
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

exploded bandwidth

0 votes
Hi.

We proceeded to the replacement of about 30 Sixnet CDMA modem with GSM modem Digi connect AI DC-WAN-U905.

Only this change has exploded bandwidth of 200KB to 800KB per day 3mo to 35MB!
Which therefore is also exploded the bill.

What would be the explanation for this increase?

Thank you and good day
asked Jan 5, 2016 in Digi Connect Cellular by petehm New to the Community (11 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

4 Answers

+1 vote
The Digi device could be getting "attacked" more than the other device. Have you tried enabling IP filtering on the Digi device to limit traffic for only required use for the application, like certain ports, protocols, and IP addresses?
answered Jan 7, 2016 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,673 points)
0 votes
Hi

Thanks for reply.

It's hard to believe that I have suddenly attack on 30 modem that we juste replace, but it's a good idea.

I will try
answered Jan 14, 2016 by petehm New to the Community (11 points)
0 votes
Hi,

I limit traffic for our fix ip only.
I have slight improvement but it is still too.

I try with another Digi connect AI DC-WAN-U905, reset to factory setting, nothing i connected on modem, only power, just our provider setting to connect to network and I have up to 5 to 50mo per day?!?!?

Is there a communication between the modem and Digi for what ever???

Please help
Thanks!!
answered Jan 19, 2016 by petehm New to the Community (11 points)
0 votes
Hi!

Please, I realy need help.

When I try to create a new case in customer portal for Digi Connect WAN IA GSM product I have this message:

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
The selected product line requires a case pack agreement. You can easily purchase a Case Pack from our online store located at: http://www.digi.com/products/buyonline
==============================================

If I clic on link, I have:
PAGE ERROR
We are sorry for the inconvenience but the page you tried resulted in an error. We have been immediately notified of this error.

You may have used an outdated link or may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly. Please try one of the methods described below to locate the page:

Go to the Digi International Home Page or Site map
Choose a main category page from the top navigation bar
Click on your browser's "Back" button to return to the previous page
=====================================

With Telus, our cellular provider, I try The sim card in cell phone and I have no traffic.

I have Digi connect AI DC-WAN-U905, reset to factory setting, nothing is connected on modem, only power, just our provider APN setting"connect.telus.com" to connect to network and I have up to 5 to 50mo per day?!?!?

Is it possible to have support form DIGI PLEASE!!

Thanks
answered Jan 25, 2016 by petehm New to the Community (11 points)
Sorry about the URL issue, and thanks for reporting it.  You should be able to use this URL to purchase a Digi support case pack, and this is my recommendation for getting Digi assistance in trying to get to the bottom of this issue.

http://store.digi.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=2894