Home/Support/Support Forum/USB com port assignment mixed after every reboot. Anyway to fix them?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

USB com port assignment mixed after every reboot. Anyway to fix them?

0 votes
I'm using 3 Digi AnywhereUSB/2 to deploy a few home-automation transceivers around my site, controlled by a HomeSeer software that runs on a Windows 8.1 machine.

These are the USB devices:
- 3x RFXCOM RFXtrx433 transceivers
- 2x Z-wave.me UZB stick

The RFXtrx and UZB sticks are usb-to-serial converter devices, so they're each assigned COM ports and I map the location to the correct device in the HomeSeer software.

The problem that I'm facing is that the COM assignments are not static. Everytime the system is rebooted, there's a chance that the UZB sticks are swapped, and that would completely mess with automation events and device coverage.

Is there anyway to lock the UZB sticks to a fixed COM port and have them assigned to the right one, in the event of a computer restart?

Thanks in advance
asked Oct 4, 2015 in USB by LeoSs New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello,

This question is best suited for the vendors of the USB devices in question, as the AnywhereUSB does not control COM port assignments.
answered Oct 9, 2015 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,673 points)