Home/Support/Support Forum/Can PortServer TS 2 MEI pass serial data on port1 as a RealPort and on port2 as UDP?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Can PortServer TS 2 MEI pass serial data on port1 as a RealPort and on port2 as UDP?

0 votes
Using a PortServer TS 2 MEI: 911 telephone ALI serial data has been passed using port1 on a RealPort. I now also need to pass the same data on port2 using UDP. Can this device perform these tasks simultaneously? How can I get the serial data to the second destination?
asked Sep 29, 2015 in Portserver TS by mworden New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello,

Each serial port may have a unique port profile, for example port 1 can be RealPort and port 2 can be UDP socket. Does this answer your question?
answered Oct 2, 2015 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,673 points)
Thank you for your response.  Currently I have Port1 as a Realport and Port2 as UDP.  I continue to receive data on the Realport, the data is logged and the associated systems that then receive the data are running appropriately, but on Port2-UDP I'm not receiving/logging the same serial data that is reaching Port1.  So, I'm seeking input as to why Realport is functioning and UDP is not.  Thanks in advance.