Home/Support/Support Forum/How to set location of rabbitbios.c and bioslib
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

How to set location of rabbitbios.c and bioslib

0 votes
#1 and 2 are instructions I'm writing as I install Dynamic C, trying to place everything needed to build a project somewhere that I can place it under source control. This means not in the standard install location...

1. The libraries and include files are initially installed when Dynamic C 10.72 is installed (explained above in "Installing Rabbit Development Tools"), in the following directories:
C:\DCRABBIT_10.72\Lib
C:\DCRABBIT_10.72\include

2. Copy the above directories to the following locations, as most everything in C:\KairosRabbit\ is suitable for placing under source control:
C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\Lib
C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\include

WELL THIS SHOULD WORK except Dynamic C is brain dead in 2 different ways:
1) even with C:\KairosRabbit\Troy\RCM6600W_LIB.DIR set to C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\Lib\Rabbit4000, it can't find "SYSIODEFS.LIB", "SYSCONFIG.LIB", "BOARDTYPES.LIB" in C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\Lib\Rabbit4000\ or .\bioslib, so apparently there is no way to set that.
2) Also, apparently there is no way to set where it should look for Rabbitbios.c, as it always looks in C:\DCRABBIT_10.72\Bios

Or maybe its just me :-)
asked Aug 7, 2015 in Rabbit Software by SR Higgins New to the Community (7 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

+1 vote
For number 2 above, have you tried the "Project Options\Compiler\Advanced Compiler Options" dialog to set a custom bios?

Regards,
Peter
answered Aug 7, 2015 by petermcs Veteran of the Digi Community (1,130 points)
0 votes
Peter, thank you so much, that solved problem #2, where to find bios.c. Now I am left with trying to to DC where all the bioslib files are. (They are in my local copy of lib/Rabbit4000, which is properly set in my LIB.DIR) Please see revised question below. And thank you!

Once again, #1 and 2 are instructions I'm documenting as I install Dynamic C, trying to place everything needed to build a project somewhere that I can place it under source control. This means not in the standard install location...

1. The libraries and include files are initially installed when Dynamic C 10.72 is installed (explained above in "Installing Rabbit Development Tools"), in the following directories:
C:\DCRABBIT_10.72\Lib
C:\DCRABBIT_10.72\include
C:\DCRABBIT_10.72\Bios

2. Copy the above directories to the following locations, as most everything in C:\KairosRabbit\ is suitable for placing under source control:
C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\Lib
C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\include
C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\Bios

WELL THIS SHOULD WORK except Dynamic C cannot locate lib files needed by bios.c -- even with C:\KairosRabbit\Troy\RCM6600W_LIB.DIR set to C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\Lib\Rabbit4000, it can't find "SYSIODEFS.LIB", "SYSCONFIG.LIB", "BOARDTYPES.LIB" in C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\Lib\Rabbit4000\ or .\bioslib, so apparently there is no way to set that.
answered Aug 7, 2015 by SR Higgins New to the Community (7 points)
0 votes
HA! It was operator error! My C:\KairosRabbit\Troy\RCM6600W_LIB.DIR was set to C:\KairosRabbit\Dynamic_C_10.72_Libs\Lib\Rabbit4000 instead of C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\Lib\Rabbit4000 Notice additional underscore after Dynamic.

Thanks, Peter.
answered Aug 7, 2015 by SR Higgins New to the Community (7 points)