Home/Support/Support Forum/communication problem between X2 and XBee-Pro RS232
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

communication problem between X2 and XBee-Pro RS232

0 votes
Hey there,

I'm trying to write a python-script to get some projector-stats to my ConnectPort X2,
via XBee-Pro RS232 Adapter.

The scenario:
ConnectPort X2 |- -| Adapter -- Controller (RS232) -- Projector

The controller sends every 2-3 seconds:
"Uf"
<pause (2s)>
"o."

If the controller receives a "ta", during the <pause> , the controller sends the projector
information via RS232 to the XBee-Pro Adapter.

My Problem is, that I receive the "Uf" and "o." messages at my gateway, but there are no further strings. What am I missing here?

Any help would be appreciated!
Code:
import xbee from socket import * import sys # The Format of the tuple is: # (address_string, endpoint, profile_id, cluster_id) # # The values for the endpoint, profile_id, and # cluster_id given below are the values used to write # to the serial port on an Ember-based XBee module. # For 802.15.4 use 0,0,0 BEAMER = ("[0001]!", 0, 0, 0) BEDIENFELD = ("[0010]!", 0, 0, 0) ####################################### # Parse Args ####################################### if sys.argv[1] == 'beamer': RX = BEAMER elif sys.argv[1] == 'panel': RX = BEDIENFELD # Create the socket, datagram mode, proprietary transport: sd = socket(AF_XBEE, SOCK_DGRAM, XBS_PROT_TRANSPORT) # Bind to endpoint 0xe8 (232) for ZB/DigiMesh, but 0x00 for 802.15.4 sd.bind(("", 0x00, 0, 0)) notSent = True statustext = [] while(notSent): buff, addr = sd.recvfrom(255) print buff + "\n" if "Uf" in buff: sd.sendto("ta", 0, RX) while(notSent): buff, addr = sd.recvfrom(255) statustext.append(buff) if "o." in buff and len(statustext) > 3: notSent = False print statustext print "\n"
asked Jul 21, 2015 in Python by Nils New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.