Home/Support/Support Forum/How to download files from the file system via web browser?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

How to download files from the file system via web browser?

0 votes
I am trying to download files from the Flash0 from my 9p9215 device.

I understand that I can call the URL from the web server as IP/FS/FLASH0/FILE and the download dialog appears. The problem is that the file is 0 bytes. I tried with different files and this keeps happening.

I tried downloading the files via FTP and it works fine.

Maybe it is a problem with the permitions on the files?

Thanks.
asked Feb 12, 2015 in NET+OS by hsantana New to the Community (22 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
Hello

Have you looked at the sample application entitled"HTTP File System Sample"? This is in new->new-?NET+OS Sample Project

Also and this is NOT well documented, to have the file system work in conjunction with the Web Server you MUST have APP_FILE_SYSTEM defined either in appconf.h or from ESP right click on your project click properties. Then C/C++ Build. Then Tool Settings. Then C Compiler->symbols. Add the symbol APP_FILE_SYSTEM. With APP_FILE_SYSTEM UNDEFINED, all of the file system APIs that the web server interacts with are no-ops and you'd get 0 length files, but the FTP server would still work (uses a different interface).
answered Feb 12, 2015 by dakotas_dad Veteran of the Digi Community (694 points)
selected Feb 12, 2015 by hsantana