Home/Support/Support Forum/How do I set up a WR21 to create a SSL connection for just a specific host?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

How do I set up a WR21 to create a SSL connection for just a specific host?

0 votes
I have a WR21 modem that I want to use to communicate with a host (a specific IP address) that requires a SSL connection. However, I don't want to require a SSL connection for all other IP addresses.

Here's a document I found that was a good start, but I still have some questions:http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/QN_040_SSL_Tunnel_Certificates.pdf

1. Does the approach mentioned in the above article sound like it makes sense?
2. That article mentions pointing to a certificate server. Is this something that I would need to run on my end or are there services out there that provide this?
3. Once I have a key created for this WR21, could I use that same key on another WR21 assuming I want to connect with the same IP address?

Communications are not my specialty, so I appreciate the help. Let me know if I can provide you any additional info.

Thanks!
Seth
asked Jan 6, 2015 in Digi Connect Cellular by sethmurphy New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.