Home/Support/Support Forum/Problem with Xbee pro series 2 and DHT11 temperature sensor

Problem with Xbee pro series 2 and DHT11 temperature sensor

0 votes
Hi to all. I really need your help. I will go throught all my steps which was done. First of all, I would like to do the project with temperature sensor- classic project. However, here started my problems. Firstly, I've tried to connect DHT11 sensor directly to the arduino Uno board. I used this code: #include <dht.h>

#define dht_dpin A0 //no ; here. Set equal to channel sensor is on

dht DHT;

void setup(){
Serial.begin(9600);
delay(300);//Let system settle
Serial.println("Humidity and temperature\n\n");
delay(700);//Wait rest of 1000ms recommended delay before
//accessing sensor
}//end "setup()"

void loop(){
//This is the "heart" of the program.
DHT.read11(dht_dpin);

Serial.print("Current humidity = ");
Serial.print(DHT.humidity);
Serial.print("% ");
Serial.print("temperature = ");
Serial.print(DHT.temperature);
Serial.println("C ");
delay(800);//Don't try to access too frequently... in theory
//should be once per two seconds, fastest,
//but seems to work after 0.8 second.
}// end loop()

which worked for me. However, I need to collect analog data with one xbee module and send it to the second Xbee which is connect to the arduino.

I have configured 1 module like this:
Zigbee Router AT
PAN ID: 1234
Channel Verification - 1
ADO- ADC
IO Sampling Rate- 64

this module is connected with DHT 11 sensor. I use 5V for chip and for sensor, also grounding and data from sensor are connected to AD0 pin.

the second xbee module:
PAN ID- Coordinator AT
PAN ID- 1234

this module is connected to the arduino - 5V to 5V, GND to GND, TX to RX and RX to TX

The code on arduino I did not change- if you have any idea how to configure it, I will really appreciate it.

Also is any way, how to show data directly in XCTU? When I connect coordinator directly via USB port, I see nothing in Terminal. I would like to test, if data are going to the router. Also find where the problem could be. I tried to measure voltage on sensor- it has around 2 Volts (Data pin- GND)...

Really thank you for answer what I should to try. How to test it and of course, to bring this case to final
asked Nov 17, 2014 in IEEE 802.15.4 by Marek.SVK New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
The XBee module is a 3V device. It is NOT 5V tolerant. You must use a level shifter between the XBee and the Sensor and the Arduino. In addition, the DIO/ADC lines of the XBee operate at 0 - 1.2V. You will need an additional level shifter to connect the ADC line of the sensor to the 1.2V ADC line of the XBee module.
answered Nov 18, 2014 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (13,077 points)
0 votes
heh just to inform the people who will have the same issue :) try to use rezistor, much bigger, much better as I can see it. already it is giving me unrealistic value, however it just look like problem with maths or just try bigger rezistor. When I will solved it to realistic values, I will give my code/ pictures .
answered Nov 18, 2014 by Marek.SVK New to the Community (1 point)