Home/Support/Support Forum/What is the difference between XBIB-U and XBIB-U-DEV?

What is the difference between XBIB-U and XBIB-U-DEV?

0 votes
Hi,

I am working with XB24-ZB modules and I want to get an XBIB to troubleshoot the modules I have briked and to be able to up-date firmware later on. I haven't be able to find what is the difference between XBIB-U and XBIB-U-DEV.

Can anyone help me determine which one I should get?

Thank you
asked Oct 7, 2014 in Interface/Development Boards by Sarah N. New to the Community (3 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
This is the board that you want to purchase:

http://store.digi.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2568
answered Oct 7, 2014 by trooper2 Veteran of the Digi Community (589 points)
I am even more confused now. Being in the UK I am trying to order this through uk.mouser.com. On their website, the only difference seem to be that the X-BIB-U is an interface board and X-BIB-U-DEV is a development board. I'm not sure what that means, but from the link above the part number is X-BIB-U-DEV and is referenced as an interfacing board. Are both products doing the same thing?
There is very little difference between the XBIB-U and XBIB-U-DEV.  Really the only difference is that the -DEV is a Development board which has additional switches, LED's and test points over the XBIB-U. Otherwise they are the same product and offer the same general function with respect to the UART and your ability to upload firmware via them.
Thank you for your help.