Home/Support/Support Forum/Is it possible to leave the network and join another by changing the PAN ID?

Is it possible to leave the network and join another by changing the PAN ID?

0 votes
Hi everyone,

I have 2 coordinator and 1 router devices in my application.

The locations of the coordinators are fixed so I know everything about these devices. Pan Id, operating channel, coordinates, etc.

The router device is moving around the place and I want to know where it is. In order to do this I will send the location info to coordinator every second. However, I need to leave the network of coordinator1 and join the network of coordinator2 very fast. I am changing the PAN ID programmatically to leave the current network and join the other one but it takes almost 6 second to join the network.

Can I reduce the joining duration to network less than 1 second so that I can send the location info every second to coordinator?

Coordintors:
SC: 1 (0x0b)
SD: 3
Pan Id: 0x0b & 0x0c

Router:
SC: 1
SD: 3
Pan Id: non-zero

Could you help on this issue?

Thanks.
asked Jun 12, 2014 in ZigBee Smart Energy Profile 1.1 by ergin New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
No it is not likely that you can reduce the joining time to less than 1 sec with a zigbee mesh based device. Try using the 802.15.4 modules instead. There is no association required and simply changing the ID will accomplish what you want very quickly.
answered Jun 12, 2014 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,298 points)
selected Jun 12, 2014 by ergin