Home/Support/Support Forum/Adapter won't receive power when XBee series 1 is plugged in! HELP! (There's power when XBEE Series 2 is plugged in)

Adapter won't receive power when XBee series 1 is plugged in! HELP! (There's power when XBEE Series 2 is plugged in)

0 votes
I have a little problem with XBee Series 1 and 2, or better to say: with the adapter!

Days ago, I have tried to establish a network with XBee Series 2, which worked fine. Then I wanted to let XBee Series 1 communicate with each other, but the problem is, every time I plug the XBee Series 1 modules into the adapters, the power is shut down!! (I mounted a LED onto the adapter, it lights up when there’s power. I also check the power by checking connection with XCTU).

If I plug the adapter WITH XBEE Series 2(!) into USB port (so it can receive power), then remove the XBee Series 2 from adapter (without removing adapter from USB port) and then plugging XBee Series 1 in adapter, it works.

But if I plug in XBee Series 1 just like that onto adapter, it won’t receive any power. Why? And how can I correct this problem?
Please help me! 
asked Jun 2, 2014 in IEEE 802.15.4 by dinkymonkey New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
What Adapter are you referring to? What is the part number of that device? Where was it purchased from?
answered Jun 2, 2014 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,302 points)