Home/Support/Support Forum/What is the maximum source file size for Dynamic C 10.72
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

What is the maximum source file size for Dynamic C 10.72

0 votes
Is there anything preventing me from having multiple .c files and including them at the top of the main application file? Is there a file size limitation? I don't need libraries since all functions will be included all of the time. I'm using 10.72.
asked Dec 4, 2013 in Rabbit Software by RickMcDonald New to the Community (3 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
I haven't used it myself but I believe the project functionality added in recent versions of DC allows you add .c files to a project and use "normal" C files with .h header files etc.

Regards,
Peter
answered Dec 5, 2013 by petermcs Veteran of the Digi Community (1,130 points)
Yes it can be done that way. However, each c file has it's own scope. So if for example I want to have a webserver and telnet client in different c files the TCPIP.lib will only be visible in the first file compiled and I'm not sure how to make it visible to both. In ANSI C you would just include the header file in both c files. Not sure how to accomplish this with DC