Home/Support/Support Forum/Configuration Firmware and Code Warrior

Configuration Firmware and Code Warrior

+1 vote
After giving a few tests to my modules I have found that configuration using XCTU seems to disappear on power off.
I wonder why that is really.

Another thing I found was that flashing a module using Code Warrior makes it un capable of working with XCTU again even when just a boot loader is flashed on the module.
    Is there anyway to flash a module back with the stock bootloader?
    Is it better to develop firmaware with code warrior rather then using XCTU?
    If the settings are lost is the idea to develop a a config app or is XCTU just meant for a utility rather then a solution?
    and last but not least how do you bridge the connection to the internet?

Thank you!
asked Oct 1, 2013 in XBee Programmable Development by Cplus New to the Community (6 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

4 Answers

+1 vote
Bootloader file is present in code warrior under sample projects. But you will need JTAG interface to load it on module.
answered Oct 3, 2013 by asgm Veteran of the Digi Community (1,498 points)
+1 vote
>> Is it better to develop firmaware with code warrior rather then using XCTU?

>>X-CTU can only be used to access and edit module's parameter or to load program/firmware. Its not for coding purpose.

I believe you mean "developing programs" for programmable modules. Yes, its the best application for programming but it useful for programmable modules only.
+1 vote
>> If the settings are lost is the idea to develop a a config app or is XCTU just meant for a utility rather then a solution?

>> If you will WRITE changes on module's memory then it will be permanent. Use "Write" button of X-CTU
+1 vote
>> and last but not least how do you bridge the connection to the internet?

>> these modules cannot connect to internet directly. The only idea coming to my mind is to have a Connect Port X4 acting as coordinator of all xbee modules. You can connect xbee network to digi's Device Cloud service via CPX4.
Serial to websocket